Monday, March 8, 2010

From Grandma's Kitchen: Quiche Lorrain/Cheese Custard Pie

I have fond memories of eating this quiche on Christmas morning at my Grandma's house. It is a fluffier quiche. It's filling, healthy, and oh-so-delicious.


Grandma's Quiche:
-1 pie crust (try Tammy's whole wheat pie crust--that's what I used this morning and it was so, so good!)
-3-4 pieces cooked and crumbled bacon
-1/2 cup Swiss cheese
-2 cups milk
-3 eggs
-salt and pepper to taste

Place pie crust in pie plate. Sprinkle with bacon and Swiss cheese. Grandma said she also adds some chopped ham if she has any ham on hand. I used cheddar this morning because I didn't have Swiss on hand. In a saucepan, scald milk (get it as hot as possible without boiling). Let it cool and beat in eggs. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bake at 350* for about 35-40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

This post is linked to Mouthwatering Monday, Tasty Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Tuesdays at the Table, and Ultimate Recipe Swap.

8 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, looks delcious! Thank you for sharing the recipe, Mary Jo!

    Many Blessings,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum this sounds good and seems really easy to make. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We grew up eating a quiche VERY similar to that one ;-) I adore quiche!

    Yum Yum! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy. Now I know where to go for this delicious recipe. Thanks! Have a glorious day! God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, sounds good. Anything with bacon is a winner around here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would you believe I've never had quiche. My mom made it once or twice when I was little but that was for parties or something - I never had anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bought all the stuff and gonna make this Saturday morning....Wes is off and he has never had Quiche before. Thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lili, hope you and your family enjoy the quiche! :)

    ReplyDelete