Saturday, March 27, 2010

Losing It Challenge: Week 4 (for me--it's really week 5)


Well, I wish it weren't so, but this week was another "maintenance" week. Thankfully, exercising is going really well, and I definitely feel better and can tell I'm more in shape even if the number on the scale stayed the same. Hannah, my sister-in-law and I, just finished Week 3, Day 3 of the Couch to 5K plan today, and I've been doing some toning exercises on the days we aren't running, making for a total of 5 days of exercise this week.

I really do want to lose more than 4.2% of my weight, though, so I reckon I just need to bump up my diligence to what it was week 1! I think I'm too dependent on carbs during the day. I'm always reaching for fruit or a whole grain something-or-other for a snack, and I know I'd lose more if I ate protein snacks (or, uh, didn't eat snacks. ahem).

Are any of y'all trying to work off baby pounds? How's it going for you?

7 comments:

  1. Can I count my pounds as baby pounds if my "baby" just turned 20 years old this month? No, I didn't think so. lol

    It sounds great that you're maintaining and exercising 5 days this week and your loss of 4.2% is awesome! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If by "baby pounds," you mean I now weigh what I did when I was at my most pregnant and would like to NOT weigh that much? Then, um, yeah. :)

    I rely WAY too much on carb-type snacks, too. I need to integrate a LOT more fruits and veggies into my day and snacks would be a good place to start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a suggestion, volumize your foods. Eat more veggies with your main courses and don't deny yourself your snacks! :) It's important that you eat at least 5 times a day, so that your metabolism can get going. Just a friendly suggestion from a Jenny Craig consultant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started exactly when you did and have been sitting at the same weight for the last two weeks UNTIL I added a protein shake daily. I got it at Walmart for $15. It is called Body Fortress. You might check on increasing protein and effect on breast feeding but I don't *think* it will harm Katie. I have lost 8 lbs and 8 inches! \0/ I have 10 to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm. Protein shakes. That sounds like an interesting way to break the plateau. I'm in there with Cindy -- baby weight 25 years later, but I'm trying to get rid of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've started making my own hummus to eat with fresh veggies during the day. Full of protien and filling AND keeps me from reaching for last night bread rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I JUST started so I haven't weighed myself again yet, but....my big breakthrough was realising that I was eating for comfort all the time, instead of for hunger. God has really challenged me on this one (ok so He's been trying to get through to me for years!), to go to Him for comfort, to get some more productive hobbies, and to use my body for His glory.

    ReplyDelete