Tuesday, March 23, 2010

So thankful for Samaritan Ministries

In all the grumbling I've done about the health care bill over the last several months (and what conservative, Theonomic Christian HASN'T grumbled about it?!), I do have something to be thankful for. This is from an email we received from Samaritan Ministries entitled "Health care bill update":

The health care bill that was passed Sunday night by the U.S. House of Representatives, often referred to as the Senate bill, contains a provision that exempts members of health care sharing ministries from the bill’s requirement for individuals to purchase health insurance. This is the bill that is awaiting the President’s signature.

While I think the health care bill is ungodly and will likely hurt our nation more than we can know right now, I am so thankful that it looks like we'll be able to stay with Samaritan Ministries despite all the changes in the health care system as a result of this bill. 

For more information on Samaritan Ministries, be sure to check out the post I did about them earlier this year.

What are you thankful for today?

This post is linked to Gratituesday and Things I Love Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. If you don't mind sharing, I would love to know why you are not in support of the health care bill. As a Canadian, I am grateful for our universal health care system, and am baffled as to why any bill ensuring that more people receive health care would be a bad thing. I really just don't understand and if you wouldn't mind explaining your perspective, I would be interested to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know that we'll be joining Samaritan's in May and that I will be using your name as my reference. Thanks for this update. I was going to check their website for this information but you saved me some time. =)

    ReplyDelete