Thursday, February 25, 2010

Lunchtime at the Murch House

This week, FishMama's Ultimate Recipe Swap is lunch foods. Since Ben works near home, we usually eat lunch as a family. Here are some of my lunchtime go-tos:


::Quesadillas. If I have some homemade tortillas on hand, quesadillas with cheese, beans, and sometimes meat make for a quick, healthy lunch. You can also add corn, lettuce, or whatever else sounds good to you! I serve them with sour cream and salsa.

::Sandwiches. Normally, our sandwiches are grilled cheese (sometimes, I spice them up a bit, but they are usually just cheese & cream cheese on buttered bread) or peanut butter & banana (love this combination)! Healthy lunch meats are expensive, and I try to avoid serving the heavily processed ones with nitrates.

::Leftovers. We often eat dinner leftovers at lunch time. I try to remember to heat them in the oven before lunchtime rolls around, as I've been trying to avoid the microwave as much as possible.

::Snacks. A lot of the time, we eat snack foods for lunch. Crackers and cheese, granola bars, fresh fruits and veggies...it's easy, quick, healthy, and tasty.

What do you do for lunch at your house? If you/your husband works, do you pack lunches?


This post is linked to Ultimate Recipe Swap.

No comments:

Post a Comment