Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Blissdom Thoughts

As of yet, I don't have plans to attend Blissdom (a women's blogging conference in Nashville, TN, for those of you who don't know) but my twitter has been filled with buzz from other bloggy friends about all things Blissdom-related the past several days, since the conference is next week.

There have been a few a lot of times in the past months I've wished I could go. I first started blogging when I was 13, on a Xanga (and no, you may not have a link!). It was more like a journal than anything, and I don't think anyone really read it (besides maybe my good friend, Lauren, who is now my sister-in-law as well :).

I have had several blogs, and I guess they've sort of grown with me. What started as a simple hobby when I was a kid has become something I really enjoy. I would love to one day be able to earn an income through blogging, but in the meantime I have been blessed to have been able to get to know a lot of really great lady bloggers through social networks. I think wanting to get to meet them in real life and grow those friendships is just about the number one reason I'd love to go to Blissdom. Aside from that, though, I would love to be able to learn more about writing quality content and growing a blog.

Blissfully Domestic is giving away a ticket to Blissdom, and while I'm not going to hold my breath, I figured it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and enter. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment