Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Simple & Yummy Broccoli Salad

I feel like I'm failing in my Blogging Goals for this year, as this is my second recipe this week without a picture. In my defense (at least for today's lack of a photo), I'm on vacation. ;) In any case, my sister-in-law and I tripled this broccoli salad last night to go with dinner for the whole family, and it was great! I found the original recipe here, but we were lacking some ingredients and did a little improvising. It was delicious, my husband liked it, and I think it would go in my permanent recipe file if I had such a thing (which I should).

1 head of broccoli, stems removed & flowerets cut into bite sized pieces
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup mayonaise
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup sugar (was at the in-laws' house without any Sucanat, so I'm not sure how well it would work, but I'll probably give it a shot when I make it at home)
salt & pepper to taste
Optional: crumbled bacon, raisins, onions, cherry tomatoes

Combine broccoli, cheese and any optional ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix up mayo, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. Pour dressing over broccoli and toss.

Easy enough? Not to mention a delicious way to get in a few servings of fresh vegetables!

This recipe linked to:

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the great recipe I know what you mean there are times I get the recipe on there and know it is a great one but no picture

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this. This is the only way I will eat my brocolli :0)

    ReplyDelete