Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sick day

I had the slight sniffles yesterday, but when Katie woke up at 2:30 this morning to eat, I felt like I'd been hit by a truck.

Okay, not really.

But, I was pretty uncomfortable! Sore throat, stuffy nose, swollen glands, slight headache...and when it hadn't gone away after sleeping in until 9, today was deemed a sick day. I really don't like being sick, but I did enjoy taking a day "off" and just enjoying time with my two favorite people. :) Ben stayed home and hung out with me (one of the benefits of his self-employment!) and helped with Katie. A few thousand miligrams of vitamin c, 4 tablespoons of Sambucol, my twice-daily dose of Juice Plus, and 12 hours later, I am feeling quite a bit better!

Without overdoing it, since I'm still not 100%, I'm hoping to get some cleaning and other things done tomorrow. And perhaps a blog post or two. I suppose the only downside to a day "off" (besides being sick, of course) is my to-do list doesn't work on the items by itself if I'm unavailable.;)

No comments:

Post a Comment